Here’s something smart for electronic musicians – an emergency adapter kit.
When Radio Shack is closed, you’ll feel confident that you can handle any venue’s crazy sound system setup with this thorough set of audio adapters chosen specifically for the needs of the electronic musician. From the ubiquitous 1/8″ to RCA adapter common to almost every laptop set (laptop headphones out to club mixer in) to the less-common-but-still-essential XLR adapters (for dealing with stage breakout boxes), you can feel confident that your sound will reach the people, no matter what the promoter or sound guy has overlooked.
They’re packaged in a high-visibility red nylon bag with a sweet logo that totally looks like a first aid kid, but sexier. It’s about the size of a headphones bag (6″ x 8″). A card detailing the contents and an LED light are attached to the drawstring. There’s also enough extra room in the bag to accommodate any additional adapters you collect along the way.
(1) LED light + clip
(1) ?” male stereo plug <-> (2x) ?” female stereo jack
(1) (2x) mono RCA male plug <-> ?” male stereo plug (6′ cable + hook & loop cable tie)
(2) ?” male stereo plug <-> 1/4″ female stereo jack
(1) ?” (2x) female stereo jack <-> 1/8″ male stereo plug
(2) ?” female coupler
(1) ¼” male stereo plug <-> (2x) female stereo ¼” jacks
(1) ¼” male stereo plug <-> (2x) female stereo ¼” jacks (Y-cable) (2) ¼” male stereo plug <-> ?” female stereo jack
(2) ¼” female stereo coupler
(2) XLR female jack <-> ¼” male stereo plug
(2) XLR male plug <-> ¼” male stereo plug
(2) RCA mono female jack <-> ¼” male stereo plug
(2) RCA mono female coupler