Musikmesse: This could be incredibly cool if they get it right – one of the most revered effects ever made, the Roland RE-201 Space Echo, has been reborn as the BOSS RE-20 Twin Pedal.
- Roland and BOSS have recreated the legendary spacious, analog tone of the original Space Echo.
- Faithful modeling of the RE-201’s tape flutter and magnetic head sound saturation
- Tap input pedal allows delay time to be set by foot (or via CV clock?)
- Longer delay time than the original RE-201
- Control parameters such as REPEAT RATE, INTENSITY, and more via Expression pedal.
- MODE SELECTOR knob with 12 placements just likes the original Space Echo
Pricing and availability dates haven’t been announced yet.