Andrew Hasenpflug sent word about a new music composition contest, the Kunstgegen Foundation 2007 Music for Modern Dance Performance Competition.
Here are the details:
The Kunstgegen Foundation 2007 Music for Modern Dance Performance Competition will go to the work that most exemplifies the qualities of interest, emotion, intellect, and compatibility with modern dance choreography. The winning sound score will be chosen by a panel of composers, music for dance pedagogues, and choreographers. There are no stylistic limitations.
50% of all entry fees (half will be used for administration fees and compensation of judges), not to exceed $10,000 US. Possible performance choreographed by nationally recognized professional choreographers and college faculty.
Contestants retain all rights to their music. The winner agrees to let the Kunstgegn Foundation use the winning work for performance and educational purposes affiliated with this competition.
- Submit a 4 – 10 minute final-version recording (this is the version that will be used for performance) on CD. Inclusion of written score is optional. Please provide an SASE if you wish your materials to be returned.
- Label CD with title and duration of work ONLY.
- A fee of $20 US per submission must be included. Multiple submissions may be packaged together. Checks can be made out to the Kunstgegen Foundation.
- Please include a cover sheet that includes:
- The title of the work
- The composerâ€™s name, mailing address, email, and phone
- The duration of the work
- Entries must be postmarked no later than August 1, 2007.
- The winner will be announced on or before October 1, 2007.
Entries may be sent to:
The Kunstgegen Foundation
Music for Modern Dance Performance Competition
c/o Andrew Hasenpflug, competition chair
275 Holyoke Rd.
Img: Trevor Haldenby