monome, a collective based in Philadelphia that has created a open-ended configurable switch array for music and multimedia, has posted a video (below) of its upcoming monome 256 in action.
The group plans three configurations:
- 256 (two fifty six) the 16×16 whose design has solidified
- 128 (one twenty eight) is an 8×16
- 64 (sixty four) is a small 8×8
All will feature wood enclosures with recessed aluminum top plates. All monome hardware will be inter-compatible with monome software. No release date has been set.
They have also announced plans to offer a limited number of “special edition” monome 128’s that feature:
- internal accelerometer detects motion and tilt which can be dynamically mapped to different parameters
- white powdercoated top plate
- bright orange leds
- custom grey or white base enclosure
- hand-felted wool case