Will Wright and Brian Eno On Spore

Sims designer Will Wright demonstrates the character-creation phase from his latest game, Spore, with additional commentary by musician Brian Eno:

Will Wright and Brian Eno On Generative Systems

Will Wright and Brian Eno On The Spore Metaverse

9 thoughts on “Will Wright and Brian Eno On Spore

1. Fantastic stuff! Thanks for posting this. Looks like this may be the Year of Eno. (Much better than last year’s man of the year, a cheap plastic mirror… erm … if you saw Time Magazine.)

2. Peter

Thanks for the feedback.

Doesn’t Eno seem like a perfect fit for creating music for a virtual world?

This suggests that we may soon have video games where the goal is to explore gorgeous, quirky or mysterious generative worlds where everything from the landscapes to the characters to the soundtrack is created on the fly.

3. With blogs like this around I don’t even need website anymore.
    I can just visit here and see all the latest
    happenings in the world.

4. W 1995 r. Pradeep Sindhu, zwierzchni eksperymentator w
    plakietki Xerox Palo Alto Research Center, wróci? spo?ród wczasów z
    wymys?, ?ebym ufundowa? jednostk? do sprzedawania kolosalnej próby routerów do za?ogi
    przez Internet b?yskawicznie ulepszaj?cych si?.

Sindhu zainicjowa?a firma w lutym 1996 r. z 200.000 dolców w daniny ziarn spo?ród tabliczka gigantyczny venture capital Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, sprzeda?y mielonych
    przez Vinod Khosla. Zatrudni? dwóch subiektywnych
    in?ynierów, Bjorn Liencres z Sun Microsystems tudzie? Dennis Ferguson od
    MCI. Do przenikliwo?ci biznesowej Sindhu podw?adny Scott
    Kriens, udzia?owiec plakietki StrataCom.

Jako otarcie ja?owca pozyska? 6 milionów dolarów w
    kapita?y spo?ród AT&T Corporation, nast?pnie Anschutz w 1997 roku.
    Zainkasowa?a rzadko sprzecznym 14 milionów dolców spo?ród heterogenicznych
    maj?tków szmalu zwi?kszonego ryzyka. Tote?
    otrzyma? zach?cenie finansowe spo?ród
    wi?cej 40 milionów dolców z Northern Telecom, 3Com, UUNET Technologies, wytwórnia bierna WorldCom, Siemens AG/Newbridge Networks Kombinacie; natomiast Ericsson.

5. My brother suggested I might like this web site.
    He was totally right. This post truly made my day.
    You can not imagine just how much time I had spent for this info!

Thanks!

6. Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed!
    Extremely helpful info specially the last phase :) I maintain such information a lot.
    I was looking for this particular info for a
    very long time. Thanks and good luck.

7. I have been browsing on-line greater than three hours today,
    but I by no means found any interesting article like yours.
    It is lovely value enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and
    bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the net will be much more helpful
    than ever before.

8. Heya this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I
    wanted to get advice from someone with experience.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!