Pipeloops has released a new sample library for Kontakt-2, Cavaillé-Coll Organ of the Église de la Madeleine (Paris), that brings the sounds of a large French romatic cathedral organ to your studio. It comprises a small number of select combinations of stops, ranging from the soft sounds of the 8′-Fonds to the full and glorious Tutti of this well known pipe organ.
- Sample library for Kontakt-2 of the Cavaillé-Coll organ of the Église de la Madeleine
- Includes three manual combinations (Fonds 8′, Fonds 16′-8′-4′, and Tutti) plus two pedal combinations (Fonds 32′-16′ and Tutti)
- Uses four samples per octave
- Samples in 16bit/44100Hz/stereo
- Includes full natural release plus two levels of artificially created release tails for staccato notes
- Memory requirement 280MB
- Includes optional GUI using jOrgan
- Also available for the virtual pipe organ software Hauptwerk from Crumhorn-Labs
You can preview the sound library with the demo, below.
The library is based on the renowned SOS-1 (Symphonic Organ Samples) library for Gigastudio by Peter Ewers. For this release all samples have been completely reprocessed from the tapes resulting in a remarkable improvement in sound quality over the original release. The samples include the full natural reverb of the building, nearly seven seconds long. The release samples are triggered on key release.
This library is the first to add specially created release samples for staccato notes. Two levels of such release samples have been created using convolution with an impulse response designed to closely match the natural reverb of the cathedral. A special script within the Kontakt-2 library selects and scales the appropriate release sample depending on the length of the played note, avoiding the exaggerated reverb known from libraries only using one full release sample.
For improved usability for live organ playing a special GUI using the freeware jOrgan is included in the package. This GUI allows to select and deselect stops just like on a real organ, generating additional NOTE-ON and –OFFs as needed.
The sample library is available as a download package including booklet. Price: 80.00 €.