Defective Records Software has announced Major Malfunction version 1.5, a new version of its Mac OS X realtime audio plugin for Ableton Live. Major Malfunction is designed to let you “mangle, glitch and FSU”.
You can preview what MM’s FSU sounds like below; more examples at the Defective site.
Major Malfunction is US $15; a demo version is available.
New Features in version 1.5:
- New effects: distortion, vocoder, slow down, & silence
- New enhancements to gate effect
- New master multipass filter
- New click reduction
- New “effect gapping”
- New clock multiplier
- New randomize and evolve functions for effects
- Grid state & all parameters now saved with Live session
- Improved preset management
- Improved automation support
- New ability to turn hints on/off
- New undo feature
- Now works correctly with Novation automap controllers
- Now supports multiple instances of plugin in one Live session
- Efficiency improvements “under the hood”
Small bug fixes
- Mac G4 667 MHz or better; both PowerPC and Intel architectures supported (Universal Binary)
- Mac OS 10.3.9 or greater
- Ableton Live, v4 or greater (earlier versions may work fine, but not tested)
- Cycling ’74 Pluggo, Pluggo Jr, or Pluggo Runtime, v3.6.1 or greater (Pluggo Runtime provided free if required)
Major Malfunction v1.5 costs $15 (USD) and is available now; it is a free update to registered v1.0 users. A free demo is also available.