NAMM Update: CME has announced that it’s now shipping its new line of master keyboards. The UF 50/60/70/80 range from 49 to 88 keys with semi-weighted and hammer action weighted keys and feature a wireless MIDI system and optional multifunctional expansion board.
Based on a quick view, the new line looks to be built like a tank and have a good selection of controllers.
- The world’s first master keyboard with duplex wireless MIDI system
- The world’s first master keyboard with multifunctional expansion board
- Professional after-touch and breath control interface design
- Classic metallic panel
- 49-, 61-, or 76-key semi-weighted action keyboard with aftertouch (UF50 / 60 / 70)
- 88-key hammer-action weighted keyboard with aftertouch (UF80)
- Built-in duplex wireless MIDI interface
- Over 20 user template, non-volatile memories
- Pitch bend and modulation wheels
- 8 assignable control knobs, preset functions including Cutoff / Resonance / Attack / Release / PAN / Reverb / Chorus / Variation
- 9 assignable control faders, preset functions including volume for 1-16 channels and master volume, and drawbar for organ sounds.
- LED data display, control button including program, transpose, octave, channel, keyboard split.
- 6 assignable shortcut knobs
- 6 sequencer remote buttons, including REC, PLAY, STOP, FAST REWIND, REWIND AND RETURN TO START, etc.
- Panel page and layer button, data adjustment knobs.
- 1 MIDI-out port
- Adapter port_9V_1500mA_, power switch
- Breath controller port
- Sustain pedal and volume pedal jacks
- USB MIDI port, Class-compliant for Win Vista/XP and Mac OS X, Power can be supplied via USB
- Support and tested with most professional audio/MIDI sequencers
- U-CTRL mode
- Optional multifunction expansion board
WIDI-XU — Wireless MIDI Interface
- 2.4GHz ISM working band
- Duplex wireless MIDI data transmit (MIDI In/Out in same time)
- Maximum 80m(262 feet) wireless transmission distance without obstacle
- High speed (less than 3ms latency), powerful error correction with automatic notes-off and on-line detection, Low power consumption,
- USB <–> RF transmission mode
- Up to 64 radio channels for MIDI data transfer, with manual or automatic radio channel setting mode
- Manual switching for one-to-multi communication (auto finding and selecting)
- Automatic searching, manual or automatic channel setting and other system function can be controlled by the special MIDI SysEx command from USB
- USB class compliant for Win XP/Vista and Mac OS X, supporting hot plug. No driver needed
- Powered and upgrade program via USB
Pricing and Availability:
- UF 50 (49 key) – $389.00 US MSRP
- UF 60 (61 key) – $439.00 US MSRP
- UF 70 (76 key) – $549.00 US MSRP
- UF 80 (88 key) – $749.00 US MSRP