Timespace has introduced Galaxy II Virtual Piano Collection, the successor to the Sound on Sound Galaxy Steinway 5.1.
The virtual instrument includes 3 world-class grand pianos: Galaxy Steinway 5.1 (real surround and stereo version) Vienna Grand Imperial (96 keys and incredible low end) German Baby Grand (beautiful ‘singing’ tone, built in 1929) – more than 6000 samples of a Steinway D, a Bösendorfer Imperial and a 1929 Blüthner Baby Grand.
- Up to 12 “modeled velocity zones” for a wide and smooth dynamic range
- Chromatically sampled
- Real sustain resonance and release, recorded with multiple velocity and timing
- Real Una Corda Samples (Soft Pedal)
- Adjustable Hammer, Pedal and Damper noises
- Specially designed user interface
- Direct control of all important functions in the main menu
- Detailed editing in 10 special menus
- Integrated help window
- Simple and very effective ”one-knob” control of tone colour (without EQ), warmth and dynamics
- Warp-section with 4 FX-machines for drastic sound design
- Pad machine for generating spheric and atmospheric synth pads
- Convolution-reverb with lots of rooms, halls and ambiences
- Stereo width and position adjustable
- Recorded in Galaxy Studios and Hansahaus Studios (2 Jazz-Grammy-Awards) with high end and Vintage microphones (Brauner, Neumann and Bruel&Kjaer) and state-of-the-art equipment (Neve Capricorn, SSL 9000, Preamps by Neve, Focusrite Red Series, Summit etc.)
Mac OSX, Universal Binary, Windows XP & Vista VST, AU, RTAS, DXi, – Kontakt 2 Player, Standalone
£169 inc VAT RRP. An upgrade is available for users of the original Galaxy Steinway 5.1.