FXpansion has announced the release of version 1.5 of GURU, its creative beat box workstation.
Version 1.5 has over 50 new features and an additional 3GB of exclusive, original audio content covering styles such as hip hop, grime, tech house, and electronica. Major new features include audio rendering and export, creative randomization, sample reverse, full support for note-offs and duration, triplet support, and a new high-accuracy beat slicer with sensitivity and resolution controls.
v1.5 is a free update for existing owners of GURU.
New features include:
- Audio rendering and export of pads, tracks, engines and full loops, with drag and drop to host
- Full support for note-offs and note duration
- Randomizer slider, allowing controlled & creative randomization of almost every aspect of GURU
- Sample reverse in the pad editor, also automatable via the graphs
- Completely overhauled slicing algorithm with sensitivity control and much improved slice results, and support for loops with up to 128 slices
- Per-pattern resolution/multiplier controls, so you can now set each pattern to play triplets, 8th and 32nd-notes, etc.
GURU is available now direct from FXpansion’s online store for $249 / €199 / £129, excluding local taxes where applicable. The GURU 1.5 upgrade is available free of charge to all GURU owners.