Roger Linn Designs has released the AdrenaLinn III, the successor to Linn’s Adrenalinn II, which featured guitar effects beat-synced to an on-board drum machine. Adrenalinn II owners can buy an upgrade kit to take their machine to III status.
“AdrenaLinn III provides a guitar modeler, plus a wide variety of unique modulation and delay effects,” said Linn, “including innovative looped filter sequences–all in synch to the built-in programmable drum machine or MIDI.”
The new model adds reverb, compression, tuner, enhanced modulation effects and brings the number of amp models up to 40 (including 4 bass amps) with improved tube emulation, presence and tonal accuracy. New MIDI enhancements permit control of nearly all settings from MIDI foot switches and expression pedals, and the functions of the 2 panel foot switches may now be reassigned. User presets and drumbeats are doubled to 200 each and come filled with inspiring new examples of why this unique idea-creation box has earned the praise of Eric Clapton, John Mayer and many others.
- 40 amp models, all enhanced for accuracy, presence and improved tube saturation
- Stereo reverb
- User presets increased to 200 & filled with great new sounds. (For details, download our Preset & Drumbeat Listing.)
- User drumbeats increased to 200 & filled with great new beats. (For details, download our Preset & Drumbeat Listing.)
- Right foot switch is now named EFFECT and may be assigned per-preset to enable any specific effect or combination. Functions of both foot switches may be reassigned.
- Greatly enhanced MIDI pedalboard control: up to 10 MIDI footswitches and 2 MIDI expression pedals may be assigned to control nearly all internal settings and commands
- A variable Amp Drive Boost has been added, actuated by panel or MIDI foot switches
- Stereo width of modulation effects and delay are now adjustable
- Envelope attack & decay times are now adjustable for random filter & random tremolo effects
- Four new Modulation Effects are added: Auto Pan, Wah Pedal, Fixed Filter and Sci-Fi
- Simple guitar amp distortion now exists for drumbeats, independent of guitar amp models
- Internal drums may be triggered from MIDI
- Variable- frequency lowpass filters have been added to output of amp models, delay & drumbeats
- Improved drum sounds
- Noise gate is improved to be virtually unnoticeable
Pricing and Availability:
US retail: $499
Available for $375 online
If you already own an AdrenaLinn or AdrenaLinn II, you can upgrade it to AdrenaLinn III for US$99.
If you purchased a new AdrenaLinn II or AdrenaLinn II Upgrade Kit after May 1, 2007, you may purchase the AdrenaLinn III Upgrade Kit for only $49.