Cakewalk has announced the release of SONAR 7 Producer Edition and SONAR 7 Studio Edition.
SONAR 7 Producer Edition introduces an open and customizable environment, high-quality instruments and effects, and flexible mixing and delivery options. These new developments include user customization for MIDI with Smart MIDI Tools, the introduction of the most powerful Step Sequencer found in any DAW, true Linear Phase Mastering Plug-ins, internal sidechaining, delay compensation for external hardware through an External Insert plug-in, pitch to MIDI functionality with Roland V-Vocal 1.5, integrated CD burning, and numerous workflow and delivery enhancements throughout the application.
Here are the details….
New Features for SONAR 7 Producer Edition:
- Integrated Step Sequencer view
- Smart MIDI Tools—intuitively use one tool for multiple editing tasks; completely customizable
- Real-time Drag-Quantize allows selected notes and events to be quickly aligned with snap settings
- Multilane controller editing in Piano Roll view; controller data can be moved/copied across lanes; multiple controls can be viewed/edited per lane to economize screen real estate
- MIDI display features including MIDI Magnifier, MIDI Meters, and Velocity Colorizer
- Enhanced MIDI editing with functions for splitting, gluing, and muting notes
- More ACT (Active Controller Technology) presets for popular hardware
- New instruments: Z3TA+ 1.5 waveshaping synthesizer, Dimension LE (featuring Garritan Pocket Orchestra), Rapture LE, and DropZone sample player/synth; Over 1000 instruments sounds
- Roland V-Vocal 1.5, now with Pitch to MIDI conversion
- LP-64 Multiband linear phase mastering compressor/limiter with AutoQ functionality
- LP-64 EQ linear phase mastering EQ with 20-point control curve
- Internal sidechaining for Sonitus:fx Compressor, Sonitus:fx Gate, VC-64 Vintage Channel, and 3rd party VST plug-ins with sidechain (multi-input) capability
- External Insert Plug-in lets you insert and mix with external hardware effects and instruments with automatic delay compensation
- Boost 11 Peak Limiter
- Dim Solo keeps tracks in context by reducing volume of unsoloed tracks by 6, 12, or 18 dB instead of muting
- Drag & drop EQ settings across channels in the console view
- Shortcuts for assigning a series of audio inputs, and routing selected tracks/busses to the same input/output/main
- Original SMPTE time stamps now stored with clips with easy revert to original time stamp
- Right-click at cursor to Import audio/MIDI data
- Wave-64 support provides capabilities to record large scale (2 GB+) projects
- High bandwidth multi-track recording optimizations
- New file format import/export options including Sony Wave-64, AIF, CAF, FLAC, Sound Designer II
- Integrated Audio CD ripping and burning
- Cakewalk Publisher 2.0 for uploading and presenting music online
SONAR 7 Studio Edition
SONAR 7 Studio Edition features all the music creation tools found in SONAR 7 Producer Edition with the following exceptions: LP-64 Linear Phase Equalizer, LP-64 Multiband Compressor, VC-64 Vintage Channel, Roland V-Vocal VariPhrase technology, Z3TA+, PSYN II subtractive synth, Pentagon I analog synth, RXP groove instrument, Perfect Space Convolution Reverb, surround mixing, Sonitus Surround Compressor, POW-r Dithering, MPEX-3 Time Stretching. In addition, AudioSnap in SONAR 7 Studio Edition is limited to one track at a time processing.
Pricing and Availability:
- Shipping now.
- SONAR 7 Producer Edition has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $619 ($499 street) U.S.
- SONAR 7 Studio Edition (MSRP) is $369 U.S. ($299 street)
- Registered SONAR 6 Producer Edition customers can upgrade to SONAR 7 Producer Edition directly through Cakewalk for $179; SONAR 6 Studio Edition to SONAR 7 Studio Edition for $99. Other upgrade paths are available.