PreSonus has dropped the prices for the PreSonus Inspire 1394 and FaderPort to $149 (estimated street price in the US).
The INSPIRE 1394 is a FireWire Recording System featuring professional quality 24-bit/96k analog to digital conversion rate, four simultaneous inputs, software control panel as well as audio recording and production software.
The microphone and instrument preamplifiers loaded in the INSPIRE 1394 are designed to deliver ultra-low noise, high gain preamplification for all types of microphones and instruments needed for professional quality recordings. Plus, The INSPIRE 1394 is equipped with two FireWire connectors enabling the ability to daisy-chain up to FOUR INSPIRE 1394’s together for up to sixteen simultaneous inputs at 24-bit/96k recording rate.
The Inspire features:
- 24-bit/96k A/D/A sample rate
- Four simultaneous input channels
- Two microphone/instrument preamplifiers
- Switchable line input or phono input(with RIAA filter)
- Software Control Panel and zero latency mixer
- Window XP and Macintosh OSX compatible
- FireWire bus-powered or powered externally
- ProPak Software Suite
The FaderPort is a desktop USB automation and transport controller for computer recording to write single-channel and group-channel fader automation as well as complete transport control and navigation functionality to increase work flow and enhance creativity during recording and production.
The FaderPort is loaded with a high-quality 100 mm touch-sensitive motorized long throw fader to give the user the feel needed for recording perfect fades and writing automation. A foot switch jack is also included on the FaderPort for hands free punch-in/out during recording. The FaderPort works with any Mac or Windows based recording software including Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic and more.
The FaderPort features:
- complete recording transport control
- high-quality Alps fader used in control surfaces costing over $10K+
- touch sensitive, 100mm long throw motorized fader
- dual-servo drive belt motor design for fast and smooth operation
- write single channel or group channel volume automation
- write pan and mute automation
- 1024 steps of resolution
- pan control, mute, solo, record enable
- quick window selection (edit, mix, transport)
- rugged metal top plate
- rugged military-grade push buttons
- footswitch jack for hands free punch in/out
- compatible with all major recording software including Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, and more
- Mac and Windows compatible