NuDSP’s Mod271, pronounced as “Mode”, is a virtual modular cum DSP playground with unified audio/MIDI support. According to its creator, Mod271 is supposed to exist somewhere in between Reaktor, reacTable and Reason.
- ASIO/MIDI support
- built with portability in mind, a mac/linux version shouldn’t be terribly difficult.
- everything is a full audio-rate signal which means you can do DSP type stuff to say a MIDI stream.
- there is a VSTi version in the works but it is still pretty unusable in a general case.
- every node can be automated with unlimited control points and automation takes place right in the 3D environment.
- nodes can influence any amount of other nodes or switched into a singular state.
- all signals are drawn at audio rate and with full hardware acceleration, although this can be disabled.
- the entire environment is rendered in 3D.
- radial and linear influence modes are supported for every node.
- all envelopes and motion are completely sample accurate, meaning you can make an oscillator out of an envelope.
- over 25 node types, of course this is going to grow.
- Python node type that will allow easy extensions.
The entire interface is rendered in 3D, so you can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel. Zooming in on a node will give you more precise control over its position, zooming out does the opposite.