NCH Swift Sound‘s free WavePad audio editing software is now available for Mac OSX as well as for Windows.
WavePad is designed to let you make and edit music, voice and other audio recordings. When editing audio files you can cut, copy and paste parts of recordings and, if required, add effects like echo, amplification and noise reduction. WavePad works as a wav editor or mp3 editor but it also supports a number of other file formats including vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and more.
- Sound editing functions include cut, copy, paste, delete, insert, silence, autotrim and more.
- Audio effects include, amplify, normalize, equaliser, envelope, reverb, echo, reverse, sample rate conversion and more.
- Supports a number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, vox, gsm, real audio, au, aif, flac, ogg and many more.
- Batch processing supports up to 32000 files allowing you to apply effects and/or convert your files as a single function.
- Tools include spectral analysis (FFT) and speech synthesis (text-to-speech).
- Recorder supports autotrim and voice activated recording and more.
- Audio restoration features including noise reduction and click pop removal.
- Supports sample rates from 6000 to 96000Hz, stereo or mono, 8, 16, 24 or 32 bits.
- Includes its own CD ripper with ‘ultrafast ‘rip mode and cddb music database lookup.
- Easy to use interface
WavePad is a free download; a premium version, WavePad Master’s Edition, costs $38 USD.