Rain Recording, creator of purpose-built computer systems for audio production, has introduced an new mobile audio workstations – the LiveBook Zephyr mobile songwriter laptop.
While Apple systems have become the first choice of many audio producers, the LiveBook Zephyr looks like a great alternative for those that prefer Windows or have to work on Windows.
LiveBook Zephyr is an ultra-portable songwriter’s notebook. At 4.3 pounds, Zephyr is the lightest and smallest LiveBook ever.
Here are the specs:
- CPU: Intel Core Duo 1.66Ghz T2300 2MB L2 667Mhz FSB
- Chipset: Mobile Intel 945GM & ICH7-M
- Video: Embedded Intel 945GM (GMA 950)
- Sound System: Built-in Intel HD, Built-in Stereo Speakers and Microphone
- Memory: 1.5GB DDR2 533MHz
- Display: 13.3″ WXGA (1280×800) TFT LCD Color Shine and Crystal Shine Technology
- Storage: 100GB PATA 8MB Buffer 5400RPM
- Optical: CD-RW / DVD-RW +/- Dual Layer
- Modem: 56k V.90/V.92 Modem RJ-11
- WiFi LAN: Integrated mobile Intel Pro Wireless 3945 a/b/g
- Wired LAN: 10/100/1000 built-in/Realtek Fast Ethernet Controller
- Input Devices: Touch pad with 2 click buttons, Desktop-Like Ergonomic Full-Size 83-key
- Battery: Li-Ion 6 cell: 4800mAh, 53W/Hrs battery pack Battery Charging time, 2hrs quick charge (power off), 4hrs (power on)Run-time: 4.8 Hrs
- I/O Ports
- 3 x USB 2.0 ports
- 1 x IEEE 1394 port (1x 4-pin internal + 2x 6-pin w/ TI Chipset on PCIe card)
- 1 x VGA port/MiniD-sub 15-pin for external monitor
- 1 x S-Video Composite (TV-Out)
- 1 x Card Reader (MMC/SD/MS/MS-Pro)
- 2 x Audio jack: Audio out (SPIDIF)/Mic-in
- 1 x RJ11 connector for Modem
- 1 x RJ45 connector for Ethernet
- 1 x Express Card Slot
- Dimensions: 12.4 x 8.9 x 1.4 inch (WxDxH)
- Weight: 4.3 lbs. w/ 6 cel battery
The Livebook Zephyr is priced starting at $1,500.
Also now available is the RainPAK counterpart to LiveBook Zephyr called ZPAK. ZPAK is a complete songwriter digital tool-kit including LiveBook Zephyr, the Tascam US122L audio interface, a Tascam LD-74 microphone and even a mic cable and desktop mic stand. ZPAK also includes copies of Cubase LE and Gigastudio 3 LE, the light versions of two industry-standard audio production software titles for recording, editing and mixing digital audio, loops and samples.
ZPAK, the first RainPAK (Professional Audio Kit) is designed to give the modern, budget-minded songwriter everything he or she needs to make high-quality recordings, demos and sketches at home or on the road. ZPAK is completely set up for plug & play when it arrives with drivers installed, cables included and every component tested and optimized for performance including a copy of Windows XP specially tuned for audio production.
“ZPAK with LiveBook Zephyr is very much a Rain product in that it provides a complete solution for a specific purpose”, says Rain President Bill Paschick. “Our mission is to provide transparent technology so our customers can get right down to the job of creating – which is why they got a Rain computer in the first place. When you have a great idea for a song, the last thing you want to do is sit on the phone with tech-support”.
The RainPAK program is designed to provide a complete solution, tested and certified for optimum performance, for a specific purpose like songwriting, DJ’ing or mobile recording. Rain is in the business of making it easy for creative people to harness technology. Other RainPAK products including MixPAK, StudioPAK and GuitarPAK are scheduled for release in early 2008.