ESI Audio has announced that the K.ON expandable controller is now shipping.
K.ON has with 88 hammer action keys and a total of 4 expansion slots, compatible with existing synthesizer modules from other vendors and with forthcoming expansions from ESI. One of the expansion slots is occupied by the standard I/O board featuring support to bus-power the keyboard via USB and making it compatible with all current Windows versions (incl. Vista 32- and 64-bit) as well as Mac OS X (incl. Leopard).
- 3 digit LED display
- 9 endless dials
- 9 faders
- modulation wheel/pitch bend
- numeric keypad
- transport control buttons
- various editing functions for programming
- power supplied via USB or optional external power supply
- expandable via 4 expansion slots on backside
- Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Mac OS X 10.3 (and higher) compatible
- bundled with Steinberg Cubase LE 4.0 for PC and Mac
K.ON has a MSRP of €599.