Namm Update: Arturia unveiled version 1.0 of Origin Keyboard, a new hardware soft synth that they previewed last year.
“The Origin project has proved much more demanding and complex than we initially thought,” says Frédéric Brun, President of Arturia. “The modularity of the architecture, combined with the nature of the engine, based two TigerSHARC’s, and with the ergonomic choices we’ve made, resulted in a high level of complexity. But, what is complexity for us will deliver power and ease of use for the musician. We are late to deliver, but we have made the choice to take the time necessary and to not compromise on quality.”
- Create your own patch by combining innovative modules and classic sound controls extracted from the Minimoog, the CS-80, the ARP 2600, the Moog Modular, the Jupiter-8, and the Prophet VS.
- Use template patches: an Origin audio structure made by connecting independent modules, or the minimoog. (The Minimoog template will be delivered in version 1 while the other recreations will come as free upgrades in later Origin updates.)
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony
- More than 500 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizer specialists
- Modular system with more than 80 modules, some new, some excerpted from legendary synthesizers from the past.
- Superb audio quality with TAE® engine. 24 bits/96 kHz supported.
- With a future update to the Origin line, you will be able to open dedicated software on your Mac and PC and use the instrument as an AU or VST plug-in. All the sounds are produced on the Origin while you work on your computer, as you would do with a native application.
- Analog: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs. Digital: SPDIF out, USB 2.0
- Selection of high quality effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Distortion,Parametric EQ
- 16/32 step sequencer
- Innovative Macro, Advanced LFO, Advanced modulation modes, Advanced Joysick modes
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru or USB 2
- High Level of Control:
- ultra sensitive 40cm ribbon controller
- high quality light-weighted 61 keys keyboard, with velocity response and channel aftertouch
- Modulation and pitch-bend wheels, 3-mode Joystick, 55 potentiometers, 46 rotary encoders, 64 switches
- Ergonomic design
- Self adjustable front panel, from 0° to 135°, giving you total setup flexibility.
- 5.2″ TFT screen for clear visual feedback.
- complete mobile solution, offering everything you need to perform in a single, easily transportable cabinet.
MSRP: $3499/ 2999 €
MAP: $2999/ 2499 €