Winter NAMM Show Update: TASCAM announced a couple of serious rack-mount Compact Flash recorders, the SS-R1 and SS-CDR1.
Designed for applications that previously used a cassette or MiniDisc recorder, the SS-R1 records in .wav or .MP3 formats. The SS-CDR1 adds a slot-loading CD recorder for additional recording and audio transfer functions. Each recorder includes balanced and unbalanced audio inputs and outputs, RS-232 and parallel control and a wired remote control.
“The SS-R1 and SS-CDR1 provide a whole range of recording and playback solutions for the entire installation community.” said Patti Gunnell, Sales Manager for Installed Sound/Broadcast Products for TASCAM. “Solid State technology provides hours of recording to affordable Compact Flash media, and recordings can be transferred quickly to computers for editing or uploading. With fewer moving parts to break down, these products should provide years of trouble free use.”
- Solid state recoding to Compact Flash media
- CD-RW recording and playback (SS-CDR1 only)
- One-rack-space compact design
- Records in WAVE or MP3 format to CF Card
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA line input and output
- S/PDIF coaxial digital in and out with sample rate converter
- Power on play
- Auto track increment (level or time)
- PS/2 keyboard input for folder/file naming and remote control
- RS-232C serial control
- DB-25 parallel control port