The MPK49 combines a 49-key, semi-weighted, aftertouch-equipped keyboard with 12 genuine MPC drum pads, complete with the popular MPC Note Repeat function and Swing parameters found in the iconic MPC family. Forty-eight total pads are accessible via four pad banks.
The MPK49 performance controller also features its own built-in Arpeggiator for making quick creative riffs.
- Eight full-sized, 360 degree rotation pots, each with three banks for total 24 pots
- Eight full-sized sliders with three controller banks each for 24 total sliders
- Eight assignable backlit switches with three controller banks each for 24 total switches
- MMC/MIDI Start Stop transport buttons
- Large, easy-to-read custom LCD display
In addition, the MPK49 includes a Tap Tempo function, 32 presets to store preferred settings and the flexibility of either master or slave-to-MIDI clock operation. The MPK49 was engineered to give musicians the tools they need to meet any live or studio task and is backed by the legendary Akai Professional name and rock-solid build quality.
The pads on the MPK49 feature the genuine MPC Full Level and 12 Level velocity functions. MPC Swing can be applied to both Note Repeat and Arpeggio functions for additional creative control. Tap Tempo and time-division buttons allow for real-time control of Note Repeat and Arpeggio clock speeds. The MPK49 carries 72 assignable controls with assignable inputs that include an expression pedal, footswitch, pitch bend and modulation wheel.
The MPK49 is available through musical instrument retailers with an MSRP of $599.