Winter NAMM Show: Alesis introduced their USB Pro Drum Kit, which combines the Trigger|iO interface with drum kit controller hardware to give you a complete, computer-friendly electronic percussion kit.
Everything has a USB connector on it now – but this could be the biggest USB gadget ever.
All of the pads in the USB Pro Drum Kit have real drum heads. The snare and tom pads have dual zone triggers for added expression, and all of the cymbals have been designed to offer a natural, true cymbal feel. The crash and ride cymbals have choke capability and the ride has dual-zone triggering, while the HiHat controller pedal sends continuous controller messages for realistic HiHat playability.
The USB/MIDI control can send notes and controller information to a software program or a hardware drum module.
USB Pro Drum Kit Features:
- Real drum heads and electronic cymbals with dual-zone triggers
- HiHat pedal which constantly translates motion into proper expressiveness at various open and closed settings
- Ten TRS trigger inputs for Single or Dual-zone trigger input
- Twenty programmable presets for storing and recalling various setups
- BFD Lite Software Drum Module (Mac and PC) with pro-quality acoustic and electronic drums in standalone, VST, AU and DXi plug-in formats
- Compatibility with most music software applications
- Easy Interface for quick editing and user setups
- USB 1.1 Plug and Play (Windows and Mac), MIDI Out
- HiHat input for on/off or Continuous Control of HiHat sound for natural playability
- Up/Down foot switch input for selecting kits remotely
- Customizable trigger settings for Gain, assignment of MIDI channels, Note numbers, Crosstalk, Velocity curve, Threshold, Re-trigger time and Pad type
- Mounting holes for optional drum stand mount
The Alesis USB Pro Drum Kit will be available Q2 – 2008 at music instrument retailers and is expected to retail for about $800.