At the Winter NAMM Show, Edirol released another portable recording unit. The Edirol R-44 4-Channel Portable Recorder is a 2 lbs. device that offers professional recording options, up to 24-bit and 192kHz, and uses SDHC cards to store the audio recorded.
The Edirol R-44 features
- 4 channels
- XLR (with phantom power) & balanced/unbalanced TRS combo inputs
- digital RCA and headphones outputs
- 20Hz to 40kHz frequency response
- built-in effects (limiter, low cut filter, 3-band EQ, 6-band GEQ, Enhancer and DeEsser)
- built-in stereo mic and speaker
- pre-record function (captures the sound from few seconds before you press the rec button),
- level control per channel
- transport controls
- OLED display
- USB and control sync mini jack connections.
The device can be powered by DC adapter, external battery and six AA batteries and with the sync connection you can use 2 recorders at the same time – offering 8 channels controlled by one device.
The Edirol R-44 4-Channel Portable Recorder price and availability have to be announced yet.