The Improvisator is a new Windows plugin that knows the mathematical logic and rules of harmonic theory. It’s designed to directly offer technically correct harmonic options.
The Harmony Improvisator is described as a completely new composition tool that makes the world of harmonic functions transparent to its users.
It supports the musician in composing, improvising and creatively exploring harmony.
Here’s a video of the Improvisator in action:
The Harmony Improvisator VST Plugin provides:
- Harmonic improvisation.
- Composing with the rules of classic harmonic theory
- Complex cadences suitable for all styles of music.
- Improvisation mode for active live performance.
- Visualization of chords depending on their musical function and on a virtual keyboard.
- Compatibility with most VST hosting sequencers. (Cubase SX3, Cubase S4, Live 7, Fruity Loops 7)
- Critical saving of time when creating harmonic frames for songs, soundtracks and arrangements.
The mathematic logic of harmonic theory, which has evolved in the art of composition over centuries, is rarely emphasized in today’s music software. Even the technique of many professional composers consists of investing a remarkable amount of time trying out different chords. Improvisator shortens this phase of work and provides you the desired result quickly and accurately.
- Improvisator comes with a rich database of chords – the systematic naming of which relates to their function in a musical context. This offers practical access to every user from beginning musicians to professional composers.
- Improvisator automatically follows voicing rules (avoiding forbidden parallels, etc).
- Improvisator independently calculates and provides harmonically reasonable and clever suggestions on how to proceed a train of harmonic functions. The user’s creativity is stimulated and space for harmonic experimentation is opened.
- Provides practical support for free melody improvisation on a harmonic framework by splitting a midi keyboard and allowing transposition of the right hand to the actual key while the left hand can manually break the harmonies. A public database on www.Improvisator.de offers the opportunity to get new harmonic ideas from other musicians and to discuss harmonic progressions.
- Free updates until version 1.9.
Improvisator retails for 79 Euro.