HyperSID is a donationware subtractive synthesizer with all the C64 SID chip hardware capabilities besides many new software based features – so you can take advange of various controlling features of a VSTi and also real analog sound with SID character.
HyperSID software is used to control a HyperSID synth – a DIY design based on the chip in the C64 computer. You can hear a sample of the HyperSID sound below. Real time integration between software and hardware makes HyperSID act like the other VST instruments in your host application.
- 3 OSC per key (Monophonic).
- 1 OSC per key (3 Voice polyphonic).
- 4 Waveforms per OSC Tri , Saw ,Noise, Pulse (combinatorial).
- OSC transpose range +36 to -36 Semitone.
- OSC cent range -50 to +50 Cent.
- OSC ring modulation.
- 3 Amp Envelope ADSR.
- Multimode analog filter 12dB/Octave HP , LP , BP and (combinatorial).
- 1 LFO Part with sync , retrig and invert capability.
- 1 Step LFO Part with sync , retrig and invert capability.
- 2 General purpose envelope generator with invert capability.
- Individual routing for each modulation source.
- 88 Parameter for controlling overall synthesizer (automation recordable).
- Flexible preset manager with save and load function.
- Built in 64 categorized Factory preset ..
- Clean sound without any Self oscillating in most of the Presets.
- Automatic real time synchronization between software and hardware.
- Independent MIDI out path from host.
- Very low CPU usage.