At the 2008 Grammy Awards, the Chemical Brothers scored a win for the Best Electronic/Dance Album of the year for We Are The Night.
Other nominees were:
- D.A.N.C.E. – Justice
- Sound Of Silver – LCD Soundsystem
- We Are Pilots – Shiny Toy Guns
- Elements Of Life – Tiësto
When I reviewed We Are The Night, we said “If you’re into big beats and classic analog synth grooves, The Chemical Brothers deliver with We Are The Night. It’s a quirky album that manages to be sonically experimental within a dance-friendly rhythmic framework.”
Not sure about you, but the Salmon Dance isn’t sounding so fresh to me anymore.
Previous Grammy Award Winners for Best Electronic/Dance Album are:
- 2007 – Madonna for Confessions on a Dance Floor
- 2006 – The Chemical Brothers for Push the Button
- 2005 – Basement Jaxx (producer & artist) for Kish Kash