Nusofting has released Broken Drum Machine for Mac OS X.
BDM is a plugin instrument designed for musicians who love chaos. BDM offers four drum pads in the style of an old beat box — one each for Bass Drum, Snare, Hi-Hat and Stick. Each pad features the usual suspects for shaping the synthesized sound, including tone, decay, pitch, pan and gain.
On top of the standard controls comes the broken factor — each pad features its own sliders for chaos and chance. Chaos sets the amount of variations to the original sound, and chance is the probability algorithm for the chaos to occur.
By varying and automating the chaos and chance sliders, you can achieve an infinite range of wild and unpredictable sounds, similar to creating glitches and bleeps by manipulating an analog circuit.
- Addictive ever changing sound.
- Blend of acoustic and electronic sound, PCM + VCO generation.
- Seven “Chaos” Modulations of various parameters.
- Controllable random crackles generation. 4 Mono + 1 Stereo out.
- MIDI Learn for each parameter.
- Customizable default PCM sound bank and skin using the Modpacks.
- BDM is sold with one extra Modpack.
- The extra Modpack is included in downloadable demo too.
BDM is now available for Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary in VST and AU formats for €35.90 / $51.90.