Future Audio Workshop (FAW) has intoduced Circle, a new semi-modular software synthesizer, designed to be easy to use, allowing you to concentrate fully on sound design and performance.
- Ease of Use
- Designed to be easy to use and intuitive through simple work flows.
- Large easy to see knobs and sliders.
- Connect up modulations via color coded circles in a simple and visual fashion. To preview a modulation, simple place a circle under a knob, and hear its effect.
- See all your connections at a glance, without the clutter of virtual cables.
- Interactive Control
- Visually interactive MIDI learn. Assign your MIDI controllers in a simple, fast and familiar way.
- Attach multiple Circle controls to a single knob. Speed up an LFO, while closing a filter, while increasing a delay effect time. Experiment with control.
- Use hands on control in a creative way as part of the sound design process.
- Live Performance
- Single view, high contrast screen, lets you see everything at a single glance.
- Organize and group your sounds for live performance using the sounds browser.
- Use Apple iRemote to change sounds from afar (Mac version only).
- Fresh Sound
- 4 oscillators per voice, choose between classic analog or contemporary wave generators.
- Semi-modular voice structure, giving you the freedom to pick and choose from many different sound modules.
- Unrestricted modulation – connect up modulation in an easy and free way.
- Lots of great master effects to choose from.
Circle will be released in standalone, Audio Unit, VST and RTAS plug-in formats for Windows and Mac OS X (10.3+). Pricing and release date have not yet been announced.