The One Laptop Per Child project has made a collection of free audio samples available for download:
This huge and continuously expanding collection of new and original samples have been donated to Dr. Richard Boulanger @ cSounds.com specifically to support the OLPC developers, students and XO users. They are free and will be available under a CC-BY license for downloading and use in your music and activities. Each of the 6500+ samples is 16-bit, WAV, Mono, normalized to -3dB, and provided at 3 sample rates – 44.1K, 22.5K and 16K.
The contents include:
- Selections from The Berklee College of Music Sampling Archive (1999-2007)
- OLPC Samples from 31 Music Synthesis Alumni from Berklee
- Sounds from 2 Music Synthesis Faculty at Berklee
- Samples From the Worldwide Community of Csound Developers, Teachers and Users
- Dr.B.’s Selected Samples
- The Original Samples, Percussion Sounds and Drumkits from TamTam
- The Open Path Music Custom Sample Library for OLPC
More on One Laptop Per Child music.