Idarca has announced the Acxel II, a new synth platform based on the original Acxel legacy from the early 90’s, and utilizes a revolutionary dynamic architecture parallel processor — patented by Idarca — the RPP.
Acxel II offers 3 synthesis modes (with integrated sound processing):
- Acxelink made up of cells (256 to 1280) independently parametrical: Amplitude, Frequency, Phase, Filter, Waveform. Cells-cells links, signal Inputs integration and processing and many other characteristics including macros.
- Additive synthesis
- Analog synthesis
Acxel II integrates unique functions on sound resynthesis and processing with full scalability:
- Real Time Resynthesis: The Acxelink and Additive modes allocate without compromise a complete access in real time to all elements (Envelope, Midi, Modulation) of a timbre, created from scratch or configured with Analysis (integrated into the system).
- Open architecture: Acxel II allows, in real time, to introduce external sounds (for example a guitar) into the synthesis elements, for simple effects or extended processes or sound fusions.
- Scalable: The Acxelink mode integrates all of the elements to emulate and combine existing or original synthesis modes: Physical modeling, Wave Tables, FM, Wavelets, Vocoder, etc.
Acxel II will be available in 2 versions:
- Acxel II — PCI: Sound Card (PCI) with software PC/MAC a deliverable in 4 to 6 months.
- Acxel II — SAS: Stand Alone System with “preset” use for scenic performances or in Workstation (with PC or MAC) a Deliverable in 8 to 12 months.
- Touch Sensitive Graphic console available in option a Deliverable in less than 12 months.
Details at the site.