Korg R3 Synthesizer/Vocoder
Two oscillators offer analog-modeled waves, DWGS waves, noise, sync, ring mod and more. Waveform modulation, Variable Phase Modulation (VPM), Unison voice thickening, PWM and cross-mod expand the sonic palette. Two LFOs and three ADSR envelopes shape the sound and add cyclic motion to nearly any voice parameter. Various modulation sources and destinations can be connected together using the six Virtual Patches.
Dual Filters can run in series, parallel, or side by side (individual for each oscillator). Filter1 features a multi-mode filter covering 24 dB low pass, 12 dB low pass, 12 dB high and band pass modes, with the ability to continuously “morph” between these states. Filter2 offers 12 dB versions of the low, high and band pass modes, plus a unique comb filter.
The 128 onboard Programs are organized by sound category for fast access. A single R3 Program consists of two complete Timbres — each is a complete synth sound including dual Insert effects (30 effect types) and assignable EQ. The Program itself offers a Master effect, plus an 8 step arpeggiator.
If you’ve used the Korg R3 Synthesizer & Vocoder, leave a comment and let us know what you think!
Additional features include:
- Modulation Sequencers (one per Timbre) provide discrete values to a modulation parameter that changes over time, either in stepped or smooth motion, and can continuously loop.
- Audio inputs allow external audio signals to be gated and processed using the internal synthesis and effects.
- “Drive” adds analog warmth, Punch brings increased definition to the attack of a sound, and 12-types of Wave Shaping provide dramatic timbral shaping — even offering a virtual “pick-up” response.
- A 16-band vocoder has individual control over level and panning. Formant Motion records the formant of a sung or spoken phrase so it can be recreated anytime. A gooseneck mic is included.
- The built-in Arpeggiator offers individual step on/off feature.
- The intuitive interface incorporates a master display and four Performance knobs with dedicated displays and halo-style LEDs for viewing parameter names and values.
- 37 full-size, velocity sensing keys; Pitch and Mod wheels.
- Users can manage sounds with the free sound editing and librarian software. A USB connection allows quick and easy data transfer.
Korg R3 Resources: