The 45 Tribute is a compilation to pay homage to the late Daniel Hansson, co-founder of Elektron Music Machines.
There are 30 tracks from many well-known artists including Autechre, Dntel, Venetian Snares, Daedelus, Kim Hiorthoy, John Tejada and many more. The release also contains exclusive contributions from: The Sea and Cake, Boom Bip, Tiga, Proxy, John Starlight and others.
The album will be distributed digitally and has a $5.00 cost attached to it. All proceeds will go to the World Wildlife Fund, a cause Daniel was passionate about.
Additionally, there are over 25 free songs available for download.
You can preview 45 Tribute below:
1. Orsan Kart – Eine Weitere Stunde
2. Daedelus_- Eulogy For An Uncommon Man
3. Dntel – Exercise Bike
4. Tiga – Good As Gold
5. Future Image – Botley Corpse
6. Landstrumm vs. Milanese – Corked
7. Autechre – coenc3
8. dDamage – Golooom
9. Jon Martensson – Where Everything Joins and Parts
10. Music International – Earth Chorus
11. The Sea and Cake – Sound & Vision
12. Kim Hiorthoy – Uprock Work
13. Erase – The Machine
14. Pelektor – Flytrekker
15. Wanker’s United – Soul Boxes
16. AEVSVS (Autechre vs. Venetian Snares) – Elephant Gear
17. John Starlight – Shadowbreaker
18. John Tejada – In the Moment
19. Honey Claws – Giant Town
20. TReD Grp. – Scarfac 323
21. Micronaut – Minimist
22. scutopus, JTS3K, and The Brown Moth – The Light That Came from Across the Sea
23. Proxy – Din Dah
24. Material Object – Blacklight
25. Boom Bip – Coogi Sweater (Featuring Ali Lee)
26. Emnine – Magical Music Box
27. Beautiful Planet Earth – Farewell Letter
28. Van Basten – The Solution
29. How Dragons Disappear – Have to go to work but
30. Kero (feat. Perilelle) – Syndrome
The compilation consists primarily of electronic oriented music but it isn’t specific to any sub-genre.
The 45 Tribute started as an idea of a member of the Elektron-Users.com site last October. Several people from the community wanted to pay homage to Daniel and his genius. We then reached out beyond the Elektron-Users community and asked many well-known artists to participate. With Elektron’s blessing and the generosity of the artists, we were able to make 45 Tribute – For Daniel Hansson a reality.
Many of the established artists were asked if they wanted to be a part of our project. Additional songs were submitted from the Elektron user community. We received so many songs that we established a panel to vote on which ones should be included in the release. Since we received so many submissions, we created the ‘Free Songs’ section.
The name of the compilation is inspired by Daniel’s old C64 demo group called Zone 45. Apart from that, it was also his favorite number.