MachineCodex Software has announced the release of AudioCodex v1.0, a Mac media player on steroids:
AudioCodex is made for musicians, DJs, audiophiles and casual listeners alike. AudioCodex tightly integrates your media, iTunes Library, Quartz Compositions and CoreAudio Audio Units effects.
AudioCodex allows users to easily create loops and apply real-time Audio Units effects to tracks from iTunes and elsewhere. It is built around a unique hybrid CoreAudio/QuickTime playback engine which preferentially plays files with CoreAudio.
Check out the feature list:
- Pitch Shifting: -1200 to +1200Hz
- Time Shifting: 1/4x to 4x speed
- Opens most audio files
- Opens most video files
- Unique Core Audio + QuickTime hybrid playback engine
- Real-time Audio Units Effects chain
- 10 band Graphic Equalizer
- Looping controls to isolate one or more sections of a track
- iTunes integration with built-in iTunes media browser, or drag & drop direct from iTunes
- Powerful Audio file conversion, exports to AIFF/ AIFC, WAV, MP4, M4A, AAC, SD2, CAF
- Fullscreen mode
- Create and edit your own Visualizations in Quartz Composer
AudioCodex is available now for Mac OS X at a price of $29.95. A free 30 day trial version is also available.