If you’re interested in an MPC, get ready to drool.
It offers 8-track streaming hard disk recording, a 20-voice, 3-oscillator analog synthesizer with arpeggiator, a new sequencing engine with 960 ppq resolution, pad and track muting and mixing, 64 continuous sample tracks and a new effects engine with 4 FX buses and 2 FX per bus.
The Akai MPC5000 has an MSRP of $3,499.
- Three-oscillator virtual analog synth engine with built-in arpeggiator
- Over 300 Virtual Analog synth presets included
- Eight tracks of Direct-to-Hard Disk recording
- Over 40 all new effects available within a modular 4-bus effects processor
- Master compressor and equalizer
- Built-in hard disk drive
- Optional CD-R/DVD drive
- USB 2.0 port for computer connectivity
- CF Type-2 card slot (up to 2GB)
- Chop-Shop 2.0 – slices a stereo loop into individual samples with automatic pad assignment
- Patched Phrases – creates multiple splits in looped samples to ensure proper tempo sync without changing pitch
- Continuous Sample Track – ensures samples play in perfect sync no matter where you start the beat in a loop
- 12 Q-link controllers for internal automation, external MIDI control and quick parameter editing.
- 240 x 128 hinged backlit LCD
- 10 built-in analog outputs, plus 8 ADAT-optical outputs and stereo S/PDIF IO
- Powerful new multimode filter
- Two MIDI inputs and Four MIDI outputs
- Turntable phono inputs with RIAA pre-amp
- XLR / 1/4″ combo jacks with selectable mic/line levels
- Sample library provided by Loopmasters.com
- 64-voice drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory built-in. Expandable up to 192MB RAM