Cynthia is a free Windows VSTi/VST inspired by the classic EMS Synthi A.
Specifications (like Synthi A):
- 3 oscillators with controls for shape and level of the waveforms
- OSC1: Range from 0.6 Hz to 16 kHz, sine and triangle
- OSC2: Range from 0.6 Hz to 16 kHz, square and triangle
- OSC3: Range from 0.015 Hz to 500 Hz, square and triangle
- Noise generator
- Two audio inputs so you can modify the sound of a guitar or your voice
- A nasty filter that can go into self-oscillation
- An attack-hold-decay(-repeat) envelope controlling the volume, and doubling as an envelope generator with a freely assignable output
- Ring modulator
- Spring reverb
- Joystick for extra control
- Stereo outputs with extra filters, pan and volume control
- A 16 x 16 routing matrix, where you can connect everything at will
- 2 pairs of stereo outputs
- Direct out
- Speaker (simulating the sound of a pair of canny speakers)
Additional Features in Cynthia:
- Each OSC can be synced and phase shifted (0-180 degrees) at will.
- A delay module with delay time in the range 0-0.1 seconds or 1-10 seconds. This allows you to delay not only audio, but also phase shift it or delay control voltages.
- More advanced modifications of envelope control voltage as you can add bias, invert it and adjust its level independently.
- Inversion of each individual connection you make in the matrix
- A simple 8 step control voltage sequencer, that allows you to make a sequence of notes, but also filter frequency, amplification or what ever you feel like.
- Adjustable portamento time, so you can make nice glides.
- A build in tuner, so you can tune each OSC by ear.
- 3 extra matrix rows for the build in CV sequencer, and host MIDI pitch and velocity.
- A collection of nice presets to get you started (thanks HSkovlund)
- And of course: MIDI cc’s can be assigned at your command to any knob!