The Quantix-8 module is a CV Quantizer / Wavetable Oscillator based on a 4Mbits Static RAM memory and a PIC microcontroler with a full MIDI implementation.
The memory contain 2048 waveforms of 256bytes organized into a matrix of 32 Banks x 64 Waves.
The Quantix-8 is a very polyvalent 7 in 1 module
- Wavetable Oscillator
- Sample player LoFi 8bits
- MIDI to CV/GATE interface
- 128 Harmonics Additive Synthesis
- Fast Zero Crossing detector
- Memory and parameters are fully editable in ‘real time’ by MIDI system exclusive messages
- Freeware Quantix-8 MIDI editor for PC Windows 98/ME/XP ( and soon for MAC OS …)
The Quantix-8 is controled by any combination of
- CV or analog modulations (lfo, vco, etc …)
- Gates/ pulsed clocks assigned to internal counters with multiples reset systems…
- MIDI messages of all kinds : notes, controlers, midi clock, sysex ..
The Quantix-8 is a DIY synth project made up of a PCB & firmware pic, for 48 euros.