Two high-quality condenser microphones are built-in, fixed in XY stereo configuration. ProTrack also offers users a pair of combination XLR – 1/4-inch inputs for connection for external microphones and line sources. When running on plug-in power using the included AC adapter, ProTrack supplies 48V phantom power so that it can power condenser microphones.
ProTrack’s exterior contains a Universal Dock for iPod, LED signal indicators, and controls for 48V phantom power, limiter, and volume. Four AAA alkaline batteries provide four to five hours of operation. A threaded mount is integrated for tabletop use on a camera tripod.
The Alesis ProTrack will be available Q3, 2008. No pricing has been announced.
- Integrated iPod design
- Records to iPod (Classic or 5th Generation), or iPod nano (2nd or 3rd Generation)
- Professional connectors: two combination XLR – 1/4-inch inputs, 1/8-inch stereo output
- Supplies 48V phantom power to inputs when wall-powered
- Records 16-Bit, 44.1kHz or 22kHz stereo
- Two built-in condenser microphones for detailed recording
- Built-in microphones in XY configuration for optimum stereo image
- Switchable limiter ensures overload-free recordings even in unpredictable aural situations
- AC power adapter included
- Four AAA batteries provide up to five hours of operation
- Tripod stand mount for placing into ideal recording conditions