In a nutshell, they’re giving away their software workstation for free and hoping that you’ll like it enough to buy Soundpack downloads.
UVI Workstation is available now, in beta, so you can try it before its official release.
Note: UVI Workstation requires installing Interlok extensions, system extensions for copy protection, which may be a show-stopper for many users.
UVI Workstation main features:
- New UVI Engine XT design provides superior sound quality and functionality.
- 100% compatible with the UVI Soundcards from Ultimate Sound Bank.
- Direct connection to the UVI SoundSource RSS feed.
- Easily expandable with new Soundpack downloads from UVISoundsource.com.
- Universal compatibility Mac/Win.
- Supports all major plug-in formats (Audio Units, VST, RTAS, MAS).
- Manage instruments and loops in the same interface.
- New smart integrated browser.
- New “info” section with text, pictures, and website link.
- Convenient mixing environment with meters, mute, solo, volume, pan…
- Unlimited parts.
- Up to 64 MIDI channels.
- Disk streaming per part.
- Multiple separate outputs.
- MIDI learn.
- Expert mode.
- Cross-platform Multi’s with host compatible.
- Sound Design-Shaping tools: envelopes, multimode filters, LFOs, pitch…
- Unlimited FX instances.
- Complete professional effects arsenal, with easy editing (delay, reverb, phaser, chorus, EQ, filter, drive, distortion, compressor…).
- Excellent sounding convolution reverb.
- Direct sync to host: tempo & transport.
- State-of-the-art real-time time-stretch algorithm.
- Real-time sync to the beat: loops are always in time.
- Latch mode.
- Sample/Slice Start for loops and phrases.
- Drag & Drop MIDI & Audio.
- Import REX files, Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV and more.