Moog Music is now shipping the Moog Guitar to five continents. Moog already has a backlog of orders, though – to the tune of $1.3 million.
Early adopters include Lou Reed, Trent Reznor, James Valentine of Maroon 5, Joe Don Rooney of Rascal Flatts, Joe Walsh, Hans Zimmer Studios, Chris Stein of Blondie and Fareed Haque of Garaj Mahal.
The Moog Guitar shipping is the limited Paul Vo Collector Edition. Each $6495 guitar is individually signed by Moog associate and guitar inventor Paul Vo and carries a sealed Certificate of Authenticity identifying it as the first ever Moog Guitar.
The patented Moog Guitar brings five unique innovations to the fingertips of the guitarist:
- Full Sustain – like no other sustainer; enables infinite sustain on every string, at every fret position and at any volume.
- Controlled Sustain – plays sustained single or polyphonic lines while intelligently muting un-played strings.
- Mute Mode stops the vibrating string, resulting in a variety of staccato articulations.
- Harmonic Blends – uses the included control pedal to shift energy between the bridge and neck pick-ups to pull both subtle and dramatic harmonics from the strings.
- Moog Filter – controls the frequency of the built-in, resonant Moog ladder filter using the control pedal or a control voltage input.
The Moog Guitar will be showcased at Moogfest 2008, October 13 at the Hammerstein Grand Ballroom in New York City.