Azertopia’s Sample tagger is a Windows application that can be used as an audio sample cataloger or a file explorer dedicated to audio samples.
The software is a database that holds the structure of your personal sample collection (wac, aiff,flac, mp3,midi file) in a explorer style view. Each item can be cataloged by 255 user-defined ‘tags’.
The collection can be consulted by a logical tag filtering system or a string search system. All data are saved in an external file, SampleTagger never directly writes data in the sample file. Additionaly, three virtual folders allow to put some items together which could be droped into an audio software (main sequencer, virtual synth,virtual sampler etc).
SampleTagger can be used as an audio file explorer or as a serious cataloging tool.
- Clean user interface build around three tabbed views and two tag panels.
- Classic explorer view with a list synced to a tree.
- File scanner with variable scanning depth.
- Tagging system using 255 user-defined tags.
- Audio preview of *.wav, *.aiff, *.flac,mp3.
- Support for these file formats, including *.mid.
- Virtual folders view with lists used to hold bookmarked items.
- Tag editing routines(copy, paste, overpaste, clear, spray) working on multi- item selection.
- Contextual taging and various contextual actions depending on the activeview.
- Item searches using logical tag filtering routines (AND inclusive, AND exclusive, OR).
- Single string searches and dual string searches(AND, OR, AND NOT).
- Random item picker to make unusual sample selections.
- Support for file drop to another application.
- Various application settings allow to change the performances, the behaviour or the
look of the software.
- Save,load library files, maintenance of the library.
- Complete menu reference and advanced description of the application in a pdf document.
- Customisable toolbar.
SampleTagger is currently in beta testing, and will be distributed as donationware.