SoundScaper is a free VST Effect Plugin for Windows capabable of Reverb, Echo and Comb effects.
It was designed primarily as way of creating atmospheric landscapes. It has almost infinite feedback time for many modes, and so is capable of producing rich and complex drones when used with a continuous sound source. It can also be used as a traditional reverb or echo suitable for any application.
SoundScaper has a diverse range of sonic possibilities using 300 datasets of comb/allpass timings, each providing a different effect model. Each of these modes can then be set to 1 of 33 different Multipliers which take it through tight comb based effects, to reverbs and finally echo banks.
The plugin was initially based on Freeverb, though has been expanded and highly optimized using SSE making it a lightweight plugin with a small footprint.
SoundScaper is a free VST plugin, but donations are appreciated.
- 300 different Timing Models
- Number of Combs switchable between 1 and 8
- Number of Allpasses switchable between 0 and 4
- 33 Styles which multiply the selected Mode Timings by increasing amounts
- Size – Sets the feedback level of the Effect
- Width – Sets the Stereo Spread of the Effect
- Damp – Sets how much the signal is damped
- MIx – Sets level between Dry and Wet
- Master Volume – Sets the Master Output Level
- Randomizers – A master Randomize for complete Randomization as well as local randomizers
- Default – Instantly sets the patch to its default parameters
- Freeze – Will Freeze the output when clicked, Dry signals pass through