Propellerhead software has announced the 2008 Bassline Battle.
Reason 4 are invited to put together the funkiest, illest, baddest bassline and drum beat combinations for a chance to win grand prizes, provided by Propellerhead Software, Focusrite, KRK and Novation.
Entering the battle is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Use the Reason Electric Bass ReFill, or the Electric Bass demo ReFill available for download here, to create a killer bassline. For competition purposes, your funky masterpiece must conform to the following guidelines:
- It must consist of Bass, Drums and Percussion only
- It must be based on the Reason Electric Bass ReFill (full or demo version)
- It can not use third party ReFills or self-contain samples
- It must be 8 bars long
2. When you are done, upload your bassline as a Reason .rns song file. You can upload up to three separate basslines. You have until November 24 to upload.
3. When submission time is over, it’s time for the Reason user community to rate the basslines. The top 10 basslines will proceed to a final round. In the final round, the top 10 submissions will be rated by our superstar artist panel consisting of Mocean Worker, Arabian Prince, Chaka Blackmon, DJ Babu and Mix Master Mike. The winners will be announced on December 19th.
The Grand Prize from Focusrite, KRK and Novation consists of the brand new Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 Audio Interface, a pair of KRK Rokit Powered 5 G2 Monitors + a KRK 10s Subwoofer, and a Novation ReMOTE SL COMPACT 25 MIDI controller.
The second prize winner can choose between the Studio Combo that contains all four of Propellerhead Software’s hypersampled ReFills, or ReCycle 2.1 – the toolbox for sampled grooves that lets you create your own REX files from sampled material.
The runner-ups will receive a limited edition, custom finalist “Quite Funky” t-shirt