Sony has announced Acid Pro 7, the latest version of its digital audio workstation, featuring full multitrack recording and mixing, MIDI sequencing, and ACID looping functionality.
Here’s what’s new in Acid Pro 7:
- Audio and MIDI mixing console
- Audio, MIDI, and Bus Track Meters
- Input busses
- Real-time rendering
- MIDI track freeze
- Enhanced timestretch and pitch shifting with élastique Pro
- Enhanced Beatmappeing for tracks with tempo changes
- Tempo curves
- Metronome countoff
- Cross-track event drag and drop
- Switches including Normalize, Invert Phase, and Lock
- External control surface channel tracking
- Custom labels for ASIO™ devices and ports
- Enhanced plug-in management
- Optimized plug-in scanning via the Plug-in Manager
- Interactive Tutorials
- FLAC, AAC, AC-3 Studio, and MPEG-2, format support
- Includes over 3,000 loops in multiple genres
- ACID Pro 7 includes software ($500 value) for professional music production and editing, including ACID Pro Effects Rack, powered by iZotope, Garritan Aria for ACID Pro Player, Submersible Music KitCore, and Native Instruments Guitar Combos.
ACID Pro 7 will be available in early November for a MSRP of $399.95 USD.