I had the chance to see Nine Inch Nails show last night in Minneapolis.
Here’s the mini-review:
- This may bring out the haters – but for most of the show, NIN had a surprisingly straight-ahead arena rock sound;
- The show had four main sections; rock, electronic rock, Ghosts instrumentals and more rock;
- The visuals were stunning, the most artistic and impressive that I’ve ever seen at a rock concert;
- The focus was almost entirely on the songs; there weren’t any traditional solos and the visuals often obscured the musicians;
- For an EM fan – it was disappointing not to see/hear more of Alessandro Cortini.
NIN was very tight and rocked hard, but the highlight for me was the instrumental breather in the middle – the visuals made this section wonderfully psychedelic.
In a nutshell – the concert was well worth $60 for the tickets and a 4-hour drive.