zplane.development has released version 1.5 of vielklang, its audio harmonization instrument. The utilization of voice leading and harmony progression models allows vielklang to create harmony parts in a more musical way than traditional harmony processors and makes it a versatile and creative tool for musicians, songwriters and producers.
The new version adds the following features:
- live MIDI input: play chords or voicings directly on the keyboard to control vielklang’s harmonization
- new harmonization styles: 3-voice intelligent, Block Chords, Fauxbourdon, Organum
- new export options: Audio/MIDI File Export for individual voices, MIDI export of harmony tracks
- improved input melody analysis: new note detection algorithm improves accuracy and robustness
- Ready for Pro Tools 8 and Cubase 4.5
vielklang allows quick and easy creation of natural sounding backing vocals, brass sections, and other harmony parts with up to four voices. It offers a new musical approach for the generation of the voicings: rather than synthesizing plain parallel voicings, vielklang takes into account the melodic context to create a chord-based arrangement and is thus able to produce musical harmonizations instantly.
Automatic recognition engines take care of initialization of obvious parameters like root note and key to let the user to focus on musical issues rather than tedious plugin configuration.
Experienced users have the option to edit the result with parameters like range (ambitus) or the distribution of the voices, to modify root note and scale, to edit single harmonies and to change each single pitch of each individual voice. Alternatively, the harmonization can be controlled by direct MIDI keyboard input.
vielklang’s main features are:
- musical harmonization using voice-leading and harmony progression models
- adjustable pitch correction, delay, timing humanization, timbre, volume, and pan for each voice
- MIDI-controlled snapshot system allows several harmonizations per audio input
- one-click modification of tempo, pitch, scale and harmonies
- plug and play: don’t waste time with tedious configuration
vielklang 1.1 is available for RTAS (Mac OS X, Windows), VST (Mac OS X, Windows) and Audio Units (Mac OS X) at a MSRP of $299.00/249.00.