MasterControl is a professional audio interface and recording control surface, providing engineers with 44.1 — 192kHz-recording capability and full-featured control of HUI-compatible DAWs and external MIDI devices.
- The input section consists of two XLR inputs with phantom power and channel inserts, six TRS line inputs and extensive expansion capability. Twenty six simultaneous inputs are possible with the optional S/PDIF and dual S/MUX ADAT Lightpipe inputs. Six analog outputs are configurable for use with 5.1 surround, three sets of stereo pairs or six discrete outputs.
- MasterControl offers dedicated speaker switching, let you dynamically select between multiple monitors to check their mixes on different speakers or in different rooms. A stereo headphone output is also provided for an additional mix reference.
- Each channel contains dedicated Solo, Record Enable, Mute and Select buttons for instant access to the most essential channel functions. The large, multifunction jog wheel can be used to shuttle, zoom and enter data.
- Nine 100mm-motorized faders and a dedicated transport-control section provide guess-free access to the most crucial recording operations.
- Two banks of eight assignable buttons enable users to customize functionality for commonly used actions such as markers, loop points and automation modes.
- Eight 360-degree assignable virtual potentiometers with three banks let you control 24 different parameters for extensive control of nearly any DAW.
- Removable, customizable templates provide a visual overview of all preset operations. All presets are fully editable and configurable.
Designed as a complete solution for studios’ recording and mixing needs, MasterControl contains a talkback microphone, a complete MIDI interface and a Preview button enabling review of knob, button and fader settings before sending them to the DAW software.
MasterControl comes bundled with Steinberg Cubase LE 4 and Ableton Live Lite 7.
MasterControl has an MSRP of $1,299 and a street price of $899.99.