Puremagnetik has released Modular Patterns – a huge collection of thick basses, resonant leads and “analog data” phrases generated entirely within the analog realm. Employing over 20 unique modules for sound generation and expression, each pattern has been meticulously assembled using 3 analog sequencers for the ultimate in nuanced phrasing and voice morphing.
Here’s a look at just some of the sound sources used in the production of Modular Patterns:
- Livewire Audio Frequency Generator – An advanced sound generating device capable of producing 27 distinct waveforms including harmonic animation of various outputs.
- Livewire Dalek Modulator – Contains 2 linear VCOs and a ring modulator capable of cross modulation and horizontal symmetry control.
- Doepfer A-155 & 154 – A mighty duo of pure analog sequencing control, advanced step phrasing and dynamic control voltage modulation.
- Roland System 100 – A beautiful semi-modular monophonic synth consisting of 5 module components: the Synthesizer 101, Expander 102, Mixer 103, Sequencer 104, and Monitor Speakers 109.
Here are the details:
Customized for Ableton Live
Modular Patterns for Ableton Live includes over 300 Live Ready Clips complete with dynamic effect racks. Each phrase has been expertly tailored and categorized into Basses, Leads, Multivoice and Analog Data.
Customized for Kontakt and Logic
The Kontakt version of Modular Patterns includes six instant access menus of Leads, Basses, Multivoice and Analog Data. Each menu loads complete with a customized KSP GUI for easy effects editing and on-the-fly tweaking.
Each raw phrase in Modular Patterns is available in Apple Loops format. Whether installing into Logic, GarageBand or another OSX based DAW, Modular Patterns will instantly load into the Apple Loops library.
- Requires Ableton Live 7, Kontakt 3 or OSX based DAW
- 400 MB free hard drive space
- 500 MB of physical RAM