LIke it nice and rough?
Audio Damage has released Rough Rider Pro – a compressor plugin that promises to be three times as rough:
What do you get when you add an isolator section to a stack of three Rough Rider compressors? Rough Rider Pro! While most multi-band compressors are designed to do gentle dynamics control (and to be fair, Rough Rider Pro can do that sort of thing if you want) we added the Nuclear Option to this compressor. 1000:1 ratio? Check! Series mode for ludicrous squishing? Check! Full isolator for extreme tone carving? Check!
In short, Rough Rider Pro is for those times when you want to know your signal is compressed. Other compressors are kittens, rainbows, and gumdrops. This one is a 40-foot-tall fire-breathing lizard.
This plug-in is available for Windows (XP SP2 or Vista) VST and Macintosh OS X VST and AudioUnit. Note that the OS X versions require 10.4.0 or later.
- Isolator section for simple control of input frequencies.
- Multi-band mode, for a single Rough Rider compressor on each band.
- Series mode, for three Rough Riders in a row.
- Attack time goes as low as 0.1ms, for use as a distortion unit.
- Ratio of 1:1 to 1000:1 for complete control of signal dynamics.
- MIDI learn for hardware control of all parameters (VST only).
A free version of Rough Rider is also available, with just one channel of compression.