Prosoniq has released NorthPole – a free effects plug in for AudioUnit compatible applications on the Macintosh.
It adds a fully programmable virtual analog synthesizer filter with resonance, envelope follower and an integrated post-filter digital delay to your audio production environment.
This product at a glimpse:
- Platforms: MacOS X
- Formats: AudioUnit Latest version: 1.0.1
You can send any of your audio tracks through this ‘virtual analog’ effects device to either create spezial effects or to simulate the behaviour of an analog 4-pole synthesizer filter.
New in 1.01:
Clicking on the “Dly Time” text area directly above the delay time slider will set the delay time to the click interval. This is a handy way to adjust the tempo of the delay without figuring out the millisecond value
- 24dB/Octave (4 pole)
- variable Cutoff + Resonance
- Lowpass/Bandpass switchable
- Envelope Follower with adjustable sensitivity
- Envelope attack/release times
- Adjustable analog distortion
- Adjustable digital delay after filter with time, mix and feedback
Minimum system requirements:
MacOS X 10.4.11 or newer. AU compatible host software. Tested with:
- Apple Logic 8.02
- MotU Digital Performer 6.02
- Ableton Live 7.07
- RogueAmoeba AudioHijack Pro 2.9.0
- Apple AU Lab 2.0.1
- TwistedWave 1.0.0
- Apple GarageBand 4.1.2