2009 Winter NAMM Show: SONiVOX announced the release of Playa – a Hip Hop Virtual Instrument for MAC and PC. Playa’s user interface is designed to bridge the gap between MPC style beat creation and computer based virtual instruments.
- Over 400 SONiVOX Instruments, including fat synths, basses, drums, leads, orchestral instruments, ethnic instruments, guitars, strings and brass.
- 16 User Programmable and Assignable Pads for quick and easy MPC style beat construction.
- Over 50 Pad Presets designed to get the producer going instantly with various construction kit layouts, diatonic chord mappings, arpeggios, chord progressions and motifs.
- User Definable Layouts – Make original pad mappings and assign pads to midi keys using the “map” and “learn” modes.
- MIDI Functionality – Playa is instantly compatible with any MIDI controller.
- Independent Zone Tempo-Synched Variable Resolution Roll/Retrigger Mode.
- Onboard FX and Graphic Equalizer.
- Keys Mode – For standard keyboard play/performance.
- User Editable Envelope Controls.
- PC Standalone, VST and RTAS Compatibility.
- MAC Standalone, AU, VST, and RTAS Compatibility.
Playa will be available February 1st, 2009 with a MSRP of $149 and a street price of $99.