DSK has come up with another freebie soft synth for Windows users – Synthopia.
First, we better get this out of the way, up front – Synthopia and Synthtopia are not the same.
Here are the top five ways to tell Synthopia apart from Synthtopia:
- Synthopia is a cool free software synthesizer; Synthtopia is a cool free electronic music website.
- Synthopia has three built-in effects: chorus, delay and reverb. Synthtopia has no built-in effects. (But they would be awesome!)
- Synthopia only works on Windows; Synthtopia works on Windows, Mac, iPhone – pretty much anything that can run a web browser.
- Synthopia was created by “a simple guy, with a lot of free time and passion”; Synthtopia is created by a simple guy, with no free time.
- And the top way to tell Synthopia and Synthtopia apart: The extra “t”.
- 3 layers with 128 sounds featuring bass, synths, keys, pads…
- Midi channel selector for each layer
- Amp. envelope, detune and panorama control
- 3 advanced filter with ADSR control
- 3 advanced LFO, with route option
- 2 send Fx (Chours & Delay)
- 1 Master Fx (Reverb)
- Midi automation
- Velocity response